Data protection declaration
The data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection laws as well as other data protection regulations is:
D - 76131 Karlsruhe
Phone: +49 721 – 96458-0
Fax: +49 721 – 96458-99
The asknet AG data protection officer is:
Walbecker Str. 53
D - 47608 Geldern
1. General information about data processing
1.1. Processing of personal data and its purpose
asknet AG (hereinafter referred to as “asknet AG” or “we”) processes users’ personal data only to the extent necessary to provide a functional website and our content and services. When visiting our website, the following data is processed:
- User’s IP address
- Browser used (type, version, language)
- Operating system used
- Data and time of access to our website
- Files accessed on our website
- Websites which the user has accessed from our website
Processing and temporary saving of the IP address is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to the user's computer. Therefore, the user’s IP address must be saved for the duration of the session. The log files contain the IP addresses or other data that makes it possible to identify the user. The data is saved in the log files to ensure the functionality of the websites. The data also serves to optimise our websites, to ensure the security of our information technology systems and to detect and analyse attempts of fraud or attacks.
Any processing of personal data is carried out exclusively for the aforementioned purposes and to the extent necessary to achieve these purposes. This data is not used for the purpose of advertisement, customer advice or market research.
1.2. Legal bases for processing personal data
Our users’ personal data is processed regularly with the user’s consent. Cases where prior consent cannot be obtained for real reasons constitute an exception and we are permitted to process the data by legal regulations. Data and log files are stored on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR.
1.3. Deletion of data and storage period
The personal data of the person in question is deleted or blocked by us as soon as the purpose of the storage ceases to apply. In case of data processing for the provision of the websites, the deletion takes place once the respective session has ended. In case of storage of personal data in log files, the deletion takes place after 30 days. Extended storage is possible if the users’ IP addresses are deleted or altered beforehand so it is no longer possible to allocate them to the accessing client.
- Language settings
- Login information.
The purpose of cookies is to allow for the user-friendly design of our websites. Processing personal data using cookies is done based on Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR. Cookies are stored on the user’s computer and are transmitted to our websites from there. The users can disable or restrict the transmission of cookies by changing the settings on their internet browser. Already stored cookies can be deleted at any time. If cookies are disabled, it is possible that not all functions of our websites can be used to their full extent.
3. Contact form and email contact
There is a contact form available on our website that can be used for making contact electronically. If a user takes up this option, the data he/she enters in the input mask is transmitted to us and stored:
- First name
- Inquiry of the interested party in the intended free field.
- Additionally, the following data is stored when sending a message:
- User’s IP address
- Date and time of registration.
In the run-up to data processing, we obtain the user's consent as part of the sending process. Alternatively, it is possible to make contact via the email address provided. In this case, we store the user’s personal data transmitted via email. The legal basis for processing data is Art. 6 Para. 1 (a) GDPR if the user has given his/her consent. If the personal data is transmitted in the context of sending an email, Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR constitutes the legal basis. If the email contact is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, the legal basis for processing data is Art. 6 Para. 1 (b) GDPR. The data is exclusively used to process the establishment of contact and subsequent communication. In this context, the data will not be passed on to third parties. The personal data from the input mask of the contact form and the data sent by email is deleted if the respective communication with the user has ended, i.e. as soon as it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified. The additional personal data collected during the sending process will be deleted after a period of seven days at the latest.
The user has the option to revoke his/her consent to process personal data at any time. If the user makes contact with us via email, he/she can object to the storage of his/her personal data. In such a case, the contact request cannot be processed or the communication cannot be pursued. In this case, all personal data stored over the course of establishing contact is deleted.
asknet AG implements technical and organisational safety measures to protect users’ personal data from random or intentional manipulations, loss, destruction or from access by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement in line with technological developments.
5. Rights of the person concerned
If asknet AG processes your personal data, you are a person concerned in accordance with Art. 4 No. 1 GDPR and have the following rights in relation to asknet AG:
5.1. Right to information
In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, you can ask us to confirm whether we will process personal data concerning you. If we process your personal data, you can request the following information from us:
- the purpose of processing;
- the categories of your personal data that we are processing;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom we have disclosed or will disclose your personal data;
- (if possible) the planned time that we will store your personal data for or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining the storage time;
- the existence of a right to have your personal data corrected or deleted, a right to have processing restricted by us or a right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right of appeal with a supervisory authority;
- all available information about the origin of the data, if the personal data was not collected from you;
- the existence of an automated decision-making processes including profiling (Art. 22 Para. 1 and 4 GDPR) and – at least in these cases – significant information about the logic involved as well as the scope and the desired effects of such processing for you.
You are entitled to request information as to whether your personal data is transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. In this context, you can request to be informed about the suitable guarantees in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
5.2. The right to correction
In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, you are entitled to request us to correct and/or complete any incorrect personal data concerning you.
5.3. The right to deletion
In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, you can request that your personal data is deleted immediately. We are obliged to delete your data immediately, if one of the following reasons applies:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent, on which we base the processing in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 (a) GDPR or Art. 9 Para. 2 (a) GDPR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You file an objection to processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing or you file an objection to processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 2 GDPR.
- Your personal data was processed illegally.
- The deletion of your personal data is to fulfil a legal obligation in accordance with European Union law or a law of the member states to which we are subject.
- Your personal data was collected in relation to information society services offered in accordance with Art. 8 Para. 1 GDPR.
If we have made your personal data public and we are obliged to delete it in accordance with Art. 17 Para. 1 GDPR, we will take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform those responsible for data processing who process the personal data that you – as the person concerned – have requested the deletion of all links to your personal data or of copies or replications of your personal data.
The right to deletion does not exist insofar as processing is necessary:
- to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to fulfil a legal obligation, to which we are subject, or to complete a task, which is in the public interest or in the exercise of local authority, which has been transferred to us;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health (Art. 9 Para. 2 (h) and (i) and Art. 9 Para. 3 GDPR);
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 Para. 1 GDPR, insofar as the aforementioned right is likely to make it impossible or seriously impair the attainment of the objectives of such processing, or
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
5.4. The right to restriction of processing
Under the following prerequisites, you can request the restriction of processing of your personal data, in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR:
- if you dispute the accuracy of your personal data for a period of time that enables us to check the accuracy of your data;
- if the processing is illegal and you refuse to delete your personal data and instead request the restriction of use of your personal data;
- if we no longer need your personal data for the purpose of the processing, but you need it for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims, or
- if you have entered an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR and are not yet certain whether our justified reasons outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of your personal data has been restricted, this data may only be processed – apart from being stored – with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting the rights of another natural or legal persons or on the grounds of an important public interest of the European Union or a member state. If the restriction of processing has been restricted in accordance with the aforementioned prerequisites, we will inform you about this before the restriction is in place.
5.5. The right to consultation
If you have asserted your right towards us to correct, delete or restrict the processing, we are obliged, in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR, to inform all recipients whose personal data has been disclosed by us about this circumstance, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed of these recipients.
5.6. The right to data transferability
In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to transmit this data to another responsible party without obstruction by us, provided that:
- processing is based on consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 (a) GDPR or Art. 9 Para. 2 (a) GDPR or on a contract in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 (b) GDPR and
- processing is carried out using automated methods.
- In exercising this right, you also have the right to have your personal data being transferred directly by us to another responsible party, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other parties shall not be affected by this. The right to data transferability shall not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority which has been entrusted to us.
5.7. The right to object
In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 (e) or (f) GDPR for reasons arising from your particular situation; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. We will not subsequently process your personal data unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for our processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
5.8. The right to revoke the data protection declaration of consent
You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration of consent to us at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing that has taken place on the basis of the consent until revocation.
5.9. Automated decision in individual cases including profiling
In accordance with Art. 22 GDPR you have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing – including profiling – which has a legal effect against you or significantly affects you in a similar manner. This does not apply, if the decision:
- to conclude or execute a contract between you and us is necessary,
- is admissible under European Union or member state law to which we are subject and where such law contains appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests or
- is taken with your express consent.
5.10. The right to complain to a supervisory authority
Irrespective of any other administrative or legal remedy, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state where you are a resident, work or suspected of having infringed the GDPR, if you believe that the processing of your personal data by us is contrary to it.
6. Responsibility for contents and information
Our websites include links to internet offers from external providers. The contents of the internet offer from external providers were carefully checked by us when setting the link as to whether they violate applicable laws under civil or criminal law. However, it cannot be ruled out that these contents are subsequently changed by the respective providers. If you are of the opinion that linked external sites violate applicable law or have other inappropriate content, please inform us about this. We will follow up on your information and remove the external links if necessary. We are not responsible for the contents and availability of the linked external internet sites.
7. Inclusion and validity of the data protection declaration
By using our website, you consent to the data processing described above. This data protection declaration only applies for the content of asknet AG. Other data protection and data security regulations apply for the linked external contents. You can find out who is responsible for these offers in the respective imprint.
Due to the further development of our websites or the implementation of new technologies, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. We therefore reserve the right to change this data protection declaration at any time with effect for the future. The version available at the time of your visit to the website always applies.
8. Web analysis
Data processing in this context is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR